Useful Information for Foreigners
◎ In Relation to Receiving the Coronavirus Vaccination
Toyota City will be mailing out coupons to each resident to make an appointment to receive the coronavirus vaccination. Once your coupon has arrived, you will be able to schedule your vaccination appointment if you intend on being vaccinated. For information on how to get inoculated, or how to make an appointment, please visit the city’s homepage:
◎ Issuing of a Subsidy for Bicycle Helmets this Fiscal Year, 2021
There is a significant number of fatalities among bicycle riders, resulting from head injuries suffered in traffic accidents. Wearing a helmet to protect your head is very effective in reducing damage. Therefore, to increase consciousness, and to protect the lives or road users, you can receive a subsidy when you purchase a helmet:
◎ Precautions to be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19
In order to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, please keep the following points in mind when attending events and dining together.
- If you are not feeling well, do not attend events and refrain from dining together.
- Refrain from participating in events and from dining in places where conditions such as closed spaces, crowding and close- contact settings are likely, or where basic infection prevention measures are not thoroughly implemented. In particular, refrain from participating in events or parties where large numbers of people are crowded together and where people are talking loudly.
- When participating in events and dining together, ensure that appropriate infection prevention measures are taken, such as keeping an appropriate distance from other people, sanitizing your fingers and hands, wearing masks, and refraining from talking loudly.
- Refrain as much as possible from participating in events on the streets or in restaurants that involve consuming alcohol in larger quantities or late at night, while taking into consideration the religious and cultural characteristics of such events.
- Consider new ways of enjoying yourself, such as spending time at home with your family or participating in online events, depending on your needs.
- If you suspect that you may have been infected with the novel coronavirus and have questions about receiving a medical examination, etc., call the consultation service of the local government in the area where you live.
Consultation Service by Telephone
〇 Consultation services in each prefecture (for questions about receiving medical examinations)
〇 Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Telephone Consultation Service (for questions about outbreaks and general information)
・Telephone Number: 0120-565-653 (9:00–21:00)
・Available Languages: English, 中文 (Chinese), 한국 (Korean), Português (Portugues), Español (Spanish), ภาษาไทย (Thai), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
Information regarding daily life support for foreign residents
〇 Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC) (Immigration Services Agency of Japan)
〇 A DAILY LIFE SUPPORT PORTAL FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
Various language versions of a list of the support measures that are provided by each ministry as well as a list of local consultation services that are available for foreign residents.