Let’s Learn about and Explore the Kabuki Culture in Toyota!
- Event period
- Open from Tuesday to Sunday
Closed on Mondays (if the event falls on a national holiday, the facility will be open) and during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Event hours
- 9:00 a.m.~5:00 p.m.
- Event place
- Toyota City Kabuki Museum (located in the Obara Community Center)
681-1 Ochi, Eitaro, Toyota City, 470-0562
- Kabuki is a traditional Japanese theatrical art form characterized by vivid and eye-catching make-up and beautifully designed costumes. Toyota City has a large spread of rural areas with rich natural environment and traditions where kabuki is being practiced for a long time. In these areas, there are some groups that vigorously engage in kabuki performances for its preservation.
The Toyota City Kabuki Museum introduces the history of kabuki, including that of Obara, by holding various exhibitions. The museum also provides visitors with opportunities to experience the art, by way of public rehearsals on the main stage, where the guests can actually participate in some of the programs.
- Not necessary
- 60 minutes by Oiden buses bound for “Kaminigi” from the Toyotashi Station. Please get off at the “Eitaro” bus stop.
- ・It will take approximately 30 minutes to explore the museum.
・Please help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by wearing your mask and sanitizing your hands.
・Please refer to the website at: http://Toyota-kabuki.jp/
681-1 Ochi, Eitaro, Toyota City